SING . . . . . . . . . . DANCE . . . . . . . . . . TESTIFY!

Sunday, August 8, 2010

August 8, 2010

WOW, it sounds like everyone had a blast at the family reunion!!!! Success!!! I wet my pants watching Dad in slow motion with the ping pong balls:) Yes, we will have to talk about dates and events of stuff when I get home. I can speak in seminary - I'd love to:) I will also be happy to speak/sing in Peachwood ward too.:)

Mother you must buy the DVD “Only a Stone Cutter.” Every family needs that in their home. Mom also if you could not have a lot of desserts and junk food in the home when I get home that would make the dieting a lot easier.

So I have had a good week. I'm not sure what exactly to tell you:) I've been working in the post office lately and I love it because it is a short tour and I get to bare my testimony of the Savior often. Yesterday I decided to sit on the porch of the post office while waiting (which I don't usually like to do because it makes people feel obligated to come in). Anyway I did, and right then a family of 4 came by and I gave them a tour. During the tour I could tell they were non members. I felt impressed to bare my testimony of the Book of Mormon, so I did and I finished up the tour with my testimony of the Savior. When I got done a asked them if they had a Book of Mormon in their home (something that I don't normally do). The father said yes, so I moved on. Then the Son, who seemed to be about 25 years of age, came up to me and said he would like a Book of Mormon if I had one. So I gave him one. I feel like I planted a seed and that he sincerely wanted to know about the Book of Mormon. I hope as he went through tours for the rest of the day that he was touched. I’m pretty sure that he was and that their visit to Nauvoo had made a difference.

I can't believe this is my last week!!!! NOOOO!!! I am so grateful for the friendships I have made here! I don't want to leave them - all the Seniors, all the Young single sisters, all band YPMs all the stage YPMs, and all our leaders!

Rachel in “High hopes and River boats” now wears glasses!!!!! YES!! I’ve pretty much got the nerdy character down. I’m pretty much a pro.

EFY kids got here on Monday:) By the way I want to be an EFY counselor...weird I know but I think I need to do it.

I think about self control a lot. I like this quote, "Along with filters on computers and a lock on affections, remember that the only real control is self control"- Holland.

Anyway, a lot of random thoughts. It was so good to see the Ulmers! So fun!

Can life get better?...I submit that it can not!

Hurrah for Israel!
Sister Reynders

1 comment:

  1. I am going to miss your post Sister Reynders! What an inspiration all of this has been! Thank-you!

    ReplyDelete