Well here I go - this is the end. I'm trying not to fear the future to the best of my abilities. Anyway we won't talk about that:)
Another great week has passed so quickly. I’m laughing at myself right now because here I sit in the Visitor's Center in my Sunday clothes with a red pinafore over my dress hehe. As I walked by the west theater I couldn't help but hold on to my costumes and embrace them for as long as possible....so yeah I look pretty ridiculous right now.
This last week I did a lot of "lasts". I gave my last tour in the Lyon Drug Store. Gave my last performance of “Anna Amanda” and went out with bang as Elder Allred and I put all our energy into the twins. Let me tell you I got plenty of spit in my face! I did my last portrayal of Jimmy and Marie and watched Rendezvous twice this week. I cried and laughed as I watched all my "Elderly" friends sing and act. I sang "Nauvoo" and "Invocation" for the last time from the balcony. As I sang I testified with all my heart to those listening of Heavenly Fathers love for them. I did my last “High Hopes and River boats” and sister Ricks got hit in the nose with barrel which shook things up...she’s alright. I bore my testimony of Joseph Smith one last time in the song "No Ordinary Brothers". I did my last “Sunset by the Mississippi” which was a HOT one. We all got up and clogged instead of splitting it half an half. I sang "Golden dream" for the last time, as I told of our great country America, and how through this country you are able to fulfill your dreams. Anyways I’m a cheese ball now....haha.
haahaha Since sitting at this computer I've had one Elder go put on one of his hats one Elder put on his vest and another Sister put on her pinafore. Wow the power of example!
I love Nauvoo. I have exhausted my body in the service of the Lord. I think I could stay though and do tours and such. I wish they would let me. I love Nauvoo. I love Zion. I will see you on Tuesday.
Hurrah For Israel!
Your sister in the gospel,
Sister Reynders
"You are called to represent the Savior. Your voice to testify becomes the same as His voice, your hands to lift the same as His hands. His work is to bless His Father's spirit children with the opportunity to choose eternal life. So, your calling is to bless lives. . .
"Your call has eternal consequences for others and for you. In the world to come, thousands may call your name blessed, even more than the people you serve here. They will be the ancestors and the descendants of those who chose eternal life because of something you said or did, or even what you were. . .You see, there are no small callings to represent the Lord."
Henry B. Eyring,
"Rise to Your Call," Ensign, Nov. 2002, 76
So proud of you Janet and glad you got to have such an awesome experience. Thanks for letting us follow you through your mission. Hurrah for Israel!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing this wonderful experience with us. It has been such a delight to hear from you each week about your fabulous encounters. It's been fun watching you grow through this Gospel experience. Thanks again for letting us live these moments vicariously through you. Love you Janet!
ReplyDelete