SING . . . . . . . . . . DANCE . . . . . . . . . . TESTIFY!

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Another Amazing Week!

WOW, I’m glad I can now truly say that I know what hot humid weather is. The hot weather is nothing compared to the humidity! Everyday I am amazed that people who lived back in the pioneer times were so concerned about modesty and that they suffered through stifling weather with five layers on day after day! I probably would have been a rebel back in the day!!

Along with extreme humidity this week I have also gotten to experience the rain! It has rained since we've been here, but the past two days it has poured all day long. It is normal to have lightning and thunder here at least three times a week it seems. It’s weird how when it storms like this in Fresno it seems so harsh and heavy, but when it rains here somehow it falls pretty and almost weightlessly.

Yesterday, during “High Hopes and River Boats”, I was wearing my mic pack around my upper thigh (that’s normal), anyways we go to do the Nauvoo Whoop Dee Do dance number and I take a few leaps across the floor and I start to feel it slipping down my thigh. Now you have to remember that although the mic pack is around my thigh, the wire goes up through my slip and up through my dress and out a little hole in the top. So it’s falling off right, and I’m like freaking out as I’m grasping my leg and attempting to continue on with the dance. My dance partner is pathetically continuing on with the dance (not being so good at improvising at a moment’s notice) and does the dance like I’m there! So he's floating around the room doing a polka by himself while I’m hobbling to the back of the stage knowing that the only way to continue on with the dance is to rip off the mic pack, and by doing so I would have to flash the whole audience for it is on my upper thigh! There was no hope in the situation. So Elder Lewis (my skinny dance partner) runs to the back where I’m standing and tries doing these macho moves trying to take up as much surface area as his little body could, to shield me stripping on stage (no worries I wasn't "really" stripping). Anyways, all and all it gave me something to write in my remember journal that night and let’s just say by the end of that scene all you could hear was laughing because the whole cast was busting up as they tried their best to continue on with the dance. Awww, good times, good times.

I really think that the purpose of us 10 girls being here is because Heavenly Father is preparing us and shaping us into the kind of people he needs to do His work. I feel like I’m in prep school for my future. Anyways, that is what has been on my mind today.

So some of the things I do on Sunday are fun things!! I have parties on Sundays! I go to church, but after that we usually go on a field trip of sorts as a group of all us YPMs. We've gone to Carthage, we've gone to the cemetery, and today we're going to the Church of Christ’s little historical site place. Finally after going to Nauvoo for years I get to go into the RLDS sights missed because our family was always too cheap to pay a couple bucks to go to the site. Ya woo ya! Also on Sundays we usually have some sort of sociable (we call them sociables because that’s what they used to call them back in the day). Today we have the normal ice cream sociable at President Ludwig’s house and then we are also putting on a potluck for two of the YPMs that missed their graduations, so we’re kind of putting on a graduation party for them. See I told you Sundays are party days. Also if we have free time we try to go on tours around Nauvoo because we don't get to do them any other time. Also I get to go to the Temple once a week.

Sister Ludwig (Pres. wife) just walked in and told me to tell you she says "Hi" and she wanted me to tell you thanks for sending me out here:) PLEASE SEND ME INFORMATION ABOUT OUR ANCESTORS IN NAUVOO! Scott is getting all social on me eh?! Following in my black sooty foot prints eh? I am so excited about Peter Allen!!!!!! What a great name!! I am so proud of him all ready!! Having red hair and being named Peter n' all, he’s gonna be great! Whelp, I love ya all. Thanks Aunt Martha for the letter.

Love,
Sister Reynders

Peter Allen Reynders
Janet's New Nephew
Born 6-9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment