SING . . . . . . . . . . DANCE . . . . . . . . . . TESTIFY!

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Hello to All From This Swampy Land!

It sure is a treat to beat your feet on the Mississippi mud! The Thunder is crazy!! All the time!!! Never stops!!! No mother we did not send an umbrella with me, but since the day I got here we have had rain storms, so it almost seems too late to send one:) I love it. Its keeps things interesting and fun!

Elder Nelson opens his mission call today so we are all very excited about that!!! I was so excited and happy to see the Clevelands, Boyers, and Smiths this week!!!! It really brought a special spirit to Nauvoo for me. I feel really bad though because I never really had time to sit down and talk! If Ryan Smith is reading this, "Thanks for coming and laughing at me! I hope your mission goes well! Good luck!!!" and for Randy Smith "I could literally kill my boy! Kill my boy at a game of Wii sports. I love my boy, he is my sunshine"...there now I don't feel so bad for not getting to chat with them.:)

So during “Sunset On The Mississippi” all the young Sisters sing this song called "Away With Rum". Anyway, the solo lyrics go something like this... "As for alcohol back rubs we think they're a crime, we always condemn them in song and in rhyme, an alcohol back rub is worse than straight gin, when you think of the liquor absorbed by the skin!".....K so Sister Jones goes up to the mic to do the solo and this is what comes out.. "We don't chew tobacco because it's too thick.....uhh...and we don't put it on our skin because it will turn our skin brown.".........How are we supposed to react to that!!!! She said it in all seriousness.. her mind just drew a blank. Bwa ha ha.. I just hope people don't think the LDS church is racist after that one!!! But let me tell ya, that made my day!!!

I want to go to the cabin! I feel like I haven't been there forever, probably because I haven't! I hope you guys have fun at the wedding and the family reunion! Tell Claire I say hi!

So the Young Ambassadors have been here and they leave today. I had the opportunity to go to their fireside and to one of their performances. We are allowed to attend one performance of each of the groups. They are so good and I am glad that they have been here for the past 2 weeks. They have a great spirit about them and their testimonies were shown through their performances. Vocal Point will come into town this week.

I LOVE Doctrine & Covenants chapter 6! It is my favorite right now. I feel like it applies so much to me! I love verses 21-23, but the whole thing is greatness! In a few weeks the YPMS are putting on a fireside and I’m so excited. Sister Camp asked me to learn this song by Jessie Clark Funk and asked me to play/sing it. I’m so grateful for the opportunity. It is on the 25 of July.

I love Nauvoo!! I really wish I could stay here for a year and a half!!!! I am determined to live back East! I love watching people smile here! I really feel like that's my job here. To add something a little special to their trip to Nauvoo and hopefully they can feel of my spirit and testimony. My testimony Of Joseph Smith and the restoration of the gospel is growing everyday. I can't wait for this evening because we get to listen to Susan Easton Black talk about the last 20 days before Joseph Smith died. I'm going to be taking notes like crazy.

Anyways, I must be off! Thanks to all those who write to me! It makes me happy!
Life is good! Hurrah for Israel!

Sister Reynders

P.S. The bugs are bad...but somehow as missionaries we are blessed with a high tolerance to things like bugs and temperature, so I’m not really bothered by it.

Behold, I am Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I am the same that came unto mine own, and mine own received me not. I am the light which shineth in darkness, and the darkness comprehendeth it not.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, if you desire a further witness, cast your mind upon the night that you cried unto me in your heart, that you might know concerning the truth of these things.

Did I not speak peace to your mind concerning the matter? What greater witness can you have than from God?

Doctrine and Covenants 6:21-23

No comments:

Post a Comment