SING . . . . . . . . . . DANCE . . . . . . . . . . TESTIFY!

Monday, July 19, 2010

July 18, 2010

Dear Family,

The Sunday Sociable that I am singing at is actually today. It’s really to bad because I am sick. I know the Lord will bless me to be able to bring the spirit but I was just hoping that I could do a good job singing it. I am singing Jessie Clark Funk’s “All the Proof I Need”.

Mother I got your package, thanks a million:) I’m wearing the dress as we speak. By the way, try not to mention my size when you see me. I am larger than you have ever seen Janet Reynders before.

Bishop McMullin from the Presiding Bishopric is in town right now so we got to here from him in sacrament meeting and our district meeting. It was really great! Also, President Clark From BYUI was also here this week. It’s kind of scary sometimes because the general authorities don't always let President Ludwig know they're here and they sneak in as visitors so we don't always know if there’s a VIP out there…we better be on our best behavior!

My time here in Nauvoo is almost up! I don’t really want to go back to real life. I keep telling Pres. Ludwig to just let me join the Sisters missionaries in the mission and just serve for another year and 2 months. If only I was 21! I turn 20 in December which means I can send my papers in in September or October of next year!

I am so excited for you to see the Pageant!!! Everything else in Nauvoo is great but the Pageant is just SOO special!!!! Your testimonies will be strengthened I can promise you this.

On Saturday when you come I will be on site in the family living center from 9- 12 so you have to make sure you drop by so I can give you a tour! Thursday morning I’m going on a pioneer trek with Sister Ricks family. They come into town on Wednesday. By the way, I am buying my own food for dinner so I didn't purchase the sack lunches. I thought since every lunch sack will have a sandwich with meat in it, it wouldn't be worth my money.

I am so grateful for the relationships I have built with the Senior Missionaries. I love doing “Sunset” and “Rendezvous” with them. My good friend Sister Nelson said she had a laminating machine and laminated my patriarchal blessing for me! Yesterday we came home to a huge drum sitting on our door step that one of the Senior Elders made because ours broke. I walk downstairs and there's banana nut bread that a Sister just brought by! This place is full of charity! Sister Ricks and I are always looking for ways we can serve others.

They do cancel “Sunset” if it gets too hot and then we do it inside. They figure if the mules get to go in when it is 105 degrees then so should the humans. The only problem about doing “Sunset” inside is that a lot of the numbers get cut so you don't get the full show.

Well, sorry this is not a great letter. Life is great! I can't wait to see ya'll this week! I can't think of anything I need you to bring me. I think I’ve pretty much got everything covered. Thanks, I love you all. Bugs I can't wait to see you and your glasses.

Sister Reynders

No comments:

Post a Comment