SING . . . . . . . . . . DANCE . . . . . . . . . . TESTIFY!

Monday, July 12, 2010

The Pageant Begins!

Hey, Ya'll, - There are so many family reunions and youth groups that come out here, and each of them have some sort of apparel that signifies their group. I hope that the Reynders family carries on their same old tradition and makes matching shirts, with the theme of their vacation!!! I have 3 hrs that I can spend with you when you come. I was thinking we could do sites together on Saturday from 12-2, and then a meal some other time. Just show up to “Rendezvous”, they'll for sure squeeze you in the back.

This week has been full of Miracles!! The first performance of the Pageant was on Tuesday and I was so nervous! I'm not going to lie, it was the first time I have been really nervous since coming to Nauvoo! I was so scared because I did not know the dances. I had not done them right once, not even in rehearsal! So I just prayed hard and put my trust in the Lord. I ran on stage did the dance and didn't make one mistake! When I was dancing my body was just doing it but I didn't know where it was coming from - it was not from me, I can tell you that much!! I gave my thanks to the Lord that night!

It was so exhilarating, with a family cast of 150, the core cast and YPM's running around, the bright lights and the fun music!! I think the Pageant will be the best part of being here in Nauvoo. We had the opportunity to watch the pageant on Friday night. We ran up did our dancing and then ran back down and they saved us the front couple rows and we got to watch! I bawled through the whole thing. You really feel the Saints presence and the life they lived becomes so real. You can feel Heavenly Father helping those actors portraying Joseph, Hyrum, Emma, Parley, and Brigham. They are not alone on that stage.

Everyday I wake up and just give thanks! I am so blessed to be here! I don't really even know how I got here. Mom you were truly inspired that day you called me and told me you were sending me the audition forms. It was something I never thought I would be doing. God placed me here - another miracle!

Elder Shepherd has been really sick. For 4 days we had to do shows without him. That was a huge ordeal! Suddenly we were changing blocking, giving other people new lines, and changing dancing. It was a time we had to place our trust in Heavenly Father. That first performance we did on Wednesday afternoon without him was nerve racking. But once again, the show moved right along, and not one person in that audience knew anything was different. Heavenly father makes us better than we are.

O.K. so the bugs here are awful! Mother plan on it being unbearable as far as the heat goes. Honestly in my head I think, "There is no way I would be sitting out at sunset by the Mississippi if I were just a visitor!" Some days I’m just like, "go home, this show really is not worth the heat" - its that hot! I don't really tell them that of course, I just think it. So bring your shorts, flip flops, bug spray, water, and hand held fans!

Wow this email is a novel. I best finish it up. Mom your the best mom in the world! I love you! Thanks family for all the letters you sent me with Aunt Martha’s help:) I love you Aunt Martha!

Life is good!
Sister Reynders

A Tribute to the Prophet Joseph Smith


July 6, 2010 through July 31, 2010
Performances
Tuesday through Saturday nights
The Frontier Country Fair begins at 7:00 pm.
The Pageant begins at 8:30 p.m.

1 comment:

  1. This Blog has been so inspirational! I have a niece who wants to serve a mission just like you Sister Janet Reynders! You are a great example!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete