PAGEANT is HERE!!! This has probably been the most exciting thing this week!!! It has fun living so close to the pageant stage because we have been able to watch the whole progression of the production. As I sat in my kitchen doing scripture study I left the front door open to listen to the pageant rehearsal. I couldn't help but rise and stand at the back porch as I heard the cast singing the spirit of God. I was reminded of Dad when we saw the Nauvoo pageant and him holding the video camera and crying as he sang along. Although we laugh at him, it reminded me of the effect that not only the pageant but all our shows can have on people. People just like Mark Reynders can come here and feel the spirit of Nauvoo!
I stink at dancing!! It’s kind of funny. We get up and are now at the stage doing dance rehearsal by 7:45 a.m. as if our schedule wasn't busy enough. It’s amazing that we can fit so much into a day. Yesterday my schedule was wake up 6:30, dance rehearsal 7:45, sites 9:00, lunch 12:00, HHRB 2:00-6:30, Sunset-BTM 7-8, dance rehearsal 8:30- 9-30. companion study, personal study, journal, shower and bed. bed is usually 11 or 11:30.
Every morning I wake up so excited though, because of the pageant rehearsal!!! It is sooooooo happy!!!!!!! Our dresses for pageant are more time period than our show dresses and even more heavy.
I had the opportunity to hear a devotional by BYU Vocal Point and I got to see one of their performances. I love them!! I liked them better than the Young Ambassadors. They were so humble and so much fun and not to mention very talented!!! The visitors at Nauvoo get such a treat when the come here to get to see these great groups plus the pageant plus our little shows - all for free!!
I had the opportunity to share the first discussion with a 10 yr old boy the other day. I was helping with the childeren's parade and started talking to this kid who was from Keokuk who has been coming to the shows in Nauvoo for 3 yrs but has never once been to any of the sites. I asked him if he knew anything about our church he said no. So I told him of Joseph Smith and the first vision and then what he did for the church and the translating of the Book of Mormon. It was a special experience. It very well could have just gone over the little boy’s head but I know I needed to share that message with him.
It has rained and thundered every week since I’ve been in Nauvoo, but it hasn’t rained once this week......hmmmmmm PAGEANT!!!!!??
Mom if its not a struggle I would love to have some of my skirts that go past the knee (home made white one) and any of my cute tops and some of my flats. Here in Nauvoo Jodi dresses are simply not cutting it. It’s a visitors center mission which equals cute missionaries.... I’m failing.. I would love some of those things that would be great.
Sister Ricks (my companion) is really pretty, skinny, dark haired. She is the one Kate and Anne thought they knew from somewhere when they came.
The commemoration of the martyrdom of Joseph Smith was great last week. You could definitely feel the spirit a lot more when we were at Carthage then when we were at the community of Christ’s church. We had temple President Peterson speak at Carthage, we sang a number, the band played, and the Young single sister missionaries sang. It was really nice.
I hope Dad is happy!!! He should be!! life is Good!!!!! The Peachwood ward loves you!!!
I laughed out loud when I heard Borther Malcolm delivered little Jodi! I love aunt Martha's letters and Kate's - thanks!!!
Here's a Shout out to Janna!!! I love you!! Don't have too much fun w/ cousin Jake with out me!
Bugs I can't wait to see you! Every one’s looking forward to meeting you!!!......."Do mine eyes deceive me?"
Life is good!!!
--Sis. Reynders
P.S. I wrote a song/ poem and I’ll send you the lyrics someday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love this blog! It makes me want to serve a mission in Nauvoo one day! Thanks so much for sharing these great experiences!
ReplyDeleteJanet, I miss you! I am really proud of you, sounds like things are going really good though. I'll keep you in my prayers.
ReplyDelete-Cameron Adamson