Well it’s been so long since I’ve been able tell you guys what is going on. I don't even know where to start so I have my journal on hand so I can refer to those first couple days.
First of all, I can tell you already that the week I have spent here seems like I have been here for months. Not in a bad way but in a, "I swear I've been working on this stuff for months and I knew these people in the preexistence” sort of way. This has been the most amazing week of my life!! Right when I got off my fist plane I met up with some other YPMS and I knew right then and there that everything was going to be ay okay! When we got off the bus that first night we went straight to President Ludwig’s house and got our companion. I’m with a sister named Sister Bingham. She great and I know I’ll learn a lot from her.
I love serving with all the elderly!! They were all waiting for us when we got off the bus - they waited through a long winter for our arrival!! I am grateful for the opportunity to be chosen to play Marie in “Rendezvous” because I get to hang with all the old performers:) I play a romance in that so we'll see how I do being serious. I also play Rachel in “High Hopes and River Boats”, she is in love with some kid and she’s just a silly character. I also am one of the Tattle tale twins in “Anna Amanda” and that is also a ridiculous part that I am having a blast with!! I sing a solo in “Sunset by the Mississippi” in the patriotic song. Wahooo!!
Crazy Huh??!! So much stuff to learn its so crazy!! But so fun!! I know that the Lord is helping me everyday. We call them Nauvoo miracles. For example, I was about to cry one day because I could not pick up the clogging and I worked and worked on it and I couldn't get it the next day I woke up and guess what? I did it! Like perfect! Heavenly Father helps me learn all my words and lyrics and dances because there is NO way that I could be off script in ONE WEEK (just about)!!!! Incredible.
The 10 girls I live with are amazing!! I love everyone of them and I feel like I’ve known them forever. We all get along and have similar goals and mindsets. We laugh all the time and continue to add to our Quote Wall:) I am truly here for a reason. I was meant to be here!
Sis. Jones sprained here ankle the first day of dancing. They gave her a blessing and we knew if we would have faith we would have a another Nauvoo miracle. She can now walk on it when 2 days ago she was on crutches!
Last night was a really hard night. All of us are really close and we had one of us need to leave to go home. It was so hard! I know its going be good but its not easy to have them leave.
I know that the parts and the responsibilities I have here in the various plays were selected just for me. That was a worry of mine. That I would get something I didn't feel I could handle, but as time went by, I truly felt Heavenly Father picked these particular spots for me and he would help me be able to do it:)
Life is Great in this Zion I live in!!! Its SOOO cold! (not as bad as Rexburg). Anyway mother, you'll be happy to know that all my dresses for all the shows are just Beautiful!!!! I perform certain days for different shows so you need to make sure you can get to all my shows. “Sunset” every night and “Anna Amanda” every day. “High Hopes” I do my leads on MWF. And “Rendezvous” I think I do 2 times a week. K so this wont be the email I’ll be using. I’ll send it next time. You can respond to this address though. I’ll check it next week. I love you all!! Life is good! Never been better.
Sister Reynders
Monday, May 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment