Hello! I have been thinking about Kate coming home all week! I was like counting it down! I’m so bummed I’m not there with you guys having fun! I can't wait for the family to come out here and for you to see us YPMS in action!! Some of the other missionary's families are here right now and it makes me happy!
Yesterday was our first day of performances. It went great!! Both shows of “High Hopes” went well and so did “Sunset by the Mississippi”. (I don't think we have as fun a show as when we visited last.)
You can only imagine how gross I am out here. You sweat so much it’s ridiculous and you are in huge dresses with slips and bloomers and you have to wear them everyday. Plus some of the dresses have to be dry cleaned so it’s not like you can just throw them in the wash. So needless to say I sweat more than I ever have before and then I jump right back into the same clothes the next day! Good thing we wear armpit pads.
I didn't perform in “Anna Amanda” yesterday because A cast was doing it and I’m in B cast. So I had the chance to walk up to the temple and do baptisms. That temple is so neat! I love it! It’s beautiful! I start working sites on Tuesday. More to memorize! I have to say once again that I love all the Sisters and Elders here! They are all great! It is so hard to not party with the girls all the time - we laugh all day long.
Oh I forgot to tell you last time that I don't really get P days. We have half days and its just enough to go shopping or go to the temple. I have NO free time which is great! We are running all the time, and I love it! I have never been happier and I’m already dreading the day I have to leave. The hard part is there isn't even time in our schedule to eat nor to even to do personal and companion scripture study if we follow the up by 6:30 in bed by 10:30 rule so it makes it real hard. I need to go to the store and just buy things I can eat on the go.
It was good to have the performances and get to interact with people and have the assurance that we are making a difference. I feel like the past 3 weeks I have been working on me - Heavenly Father teaching me and stretching me and I have grown so much. Now, finally I get to give back! It’s through our interactions with people that we can make a difference. We plant lots of seeds here! We have our own little orchard out here. I’m so witty - ha ha!
Oh Kate, Elder and Sister Hardy (they cook our meals) said that they had dinner with you in Canada when they were visiting their daughter, so that was fun to hear. I have to say THANK YOU SO MUCH KATE AND MOM!!!! Yours are the only letters I have gotten and they make me really happy! I am so grateful for them! Thank you so much! Keep sending me snail mail!:) I love you all! Life is good! Hurrah for Israel!
Sis. Reynders
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Janet!!! I just found your blog and read it all and I am so happy to hear you're having a wonderful time. I so wish I could come see one of your shows, but alas, I'm still in school. BYU-Idaho is quite beautiful this time of year, when the weather wants to cooperate and stay in the 60's and above. haha! I've gone to the temple a lot more than I did last semester, and it's really blessed my life immensely. I'm glad to hear that this is like, an official missionary calling for you! GAH! I'm so happy for you dearest. I'm happy you're having a wonderful spiritual experience. Post more photos and videos if you can! I love seeing what you're up to. Love you and miss you! We'll get together in the fall.
ReplyDeletelove,
Anneli